Thursday, January 28, 2010

Buy One Book and Read It 2010! Challenge

I've joined another challenge for this year.  I saw a post for this on my Google Reader this morning and after I checked it out, I decided to do it.

Amy over at My Friend Amy, hosts the Buy One Book and Read It challenge.  She started it when she realized how many people had not read a single book in a single year.  The premise is simple, buy a book and read it.

This year there are three levels to her challenge.

Level One:  Buy one book and read it before December 31, 2010.

Level Two:  Buy six books and read them before December 31, 2010.

Level Three:  Buy twelve books and read them before December 31, 2010.

She also has two different variations that participants can add if they want.  One is to only buy the book or books at an independent bookstore.  The other is to only buy books that the participant has learned about on a book blog.

I am doing this challenge at Level Two.
  1. "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen" by Syrie James - Reviewed on April 10, 2010
  2. "Today's the Day!: My New Shoes" by Katie Simmons and Maureen Frew - Reviewed on April 13, 2010
  3. "Savor the Moment" by Nora Roberts - Reviewed on June 12, 2010
  4. "Dead and Gone" by Charlaine Harris - Reviewed on June 13, 2010
  5. "Lost", an anthology.
  6. "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts - Reviewed on Dec. 2, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment