Saturday, April 10, 2010

Review - The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen

I give this book a 3.75/5.

I decided to read this book because it seemed that so many people were talking about it and had a lot of positive things to say about the book.  As I haven't read much Jane Austen, or is it that I simply cannot remember what I have read, I thought that this would be interesting.  Having read it, I can see why people liked it.  "The Lost Memoirs" was a light-hearted read that I finished quickly.

I knew that I was reading a work of fiction, but it was written as if it were fact.  Ms. James did a good job with how she blended it.  I found myself loving, hating and then loving some of the characters as I read.  I am certainly not a Jane Austen expert.  Could this story have really happened?  Perhaps.  That's one of the reasons that I love fiction that is well-written.  When done correctly, the reader believes that it may have actually happened as the author wrote it. 

I need to clear my reading table to make room, but will be looking to read some novels by Jane Austen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment