Friday, January 22, 2010

The 5,000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World


I really enjoyed reading The 5,000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World by W. Cleon Skousen.  I wish that this book had been required reading when I was in college taking my political science courses.  What a difference it would have made to so many of us.  I can remember political science instructors in college telling us that the Constitution was outdated and that we should not pay any attention to it.  The 5,000 Year Leap shows how this belief is untrue and how we, as a country and a people, could benefit by getting back to the basics of the Constitution as it was intended by the Founding Fathers.  To me, the information in it is just common sense and would be easy to follow if we would only look at the Constitution and what the Founding Fathers had to say when they were crafting it.  I am going to have to look for some of the resources that are mentioned in this book and read them as well.

The 5,000 Year Leap was an easy read and I would recommend it to everyone, but especially to those seeking public office.

No comments:

Post a Comment