Friday, July 2, 2010

Reading with my daughter

About 3 weeks ago, I was at the library with my 2 year old daughter.  We were there so that I could drop some books off. I decided to stop in the children's section of the library to get a DVD for her since she had been so helpful earlier in the day.  While we were checking out, the librarian asked if we were signed up for their summer reading challenge.

The challenge is to read 10 books a week as well as do a couple of activities, i.e., songs and rhymes, educational activities, etc., each week.  Since we already do the activities at home and she loves to read books, I decided to sign her up and we checked out 10 books to read for the week.

I decided to introduce her to Caldecott books.  We have a couple of these books at home, but there is a section at the library that is devoted to them.  Every week, I am trying to select a number Caldecott books for her to read.  So far, she has enjoyed all of the ones that I've selected.  I've created a page, Reading with my daughter, to document all of the award winning books that she and I are reading together.  I can't wait to see how this list grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment