Monday, December 28, 2009

Library Loot - December 28, 2009


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

This is my first contribution to the Library Loot event.  I found this while reading a blog post on Devouter of Books.  I wish that I had known about this months ago!  I've been checking books out of the library like crazy since March.  I look forward to making more contributions in the future.


The book that I currently have checked out of the library is Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb.  I started reading this series in March and liked it so much that as one book would come in at the library, I'd request the next one.

I enjoyed this book and can't wait to see the next one.  It's been fun watching Eve developed through the series.  She has definitely grown and become more "accessible" since the first book.  In the beginning of the series, she never would have invited Louise to stay at the mansion the night before her wedding and to include the rest of the bridesmaids in the invitation.

The plot of this book was interesting.  In some places, it was a bit predictable.  I missed having all of the main characters as involved as they have been in past stories.  I think that Peabody's character has grown a lot, but that she still has a way to go and I missed seeing that in this book. 

I love Roarke!  He is one of my favorite characters in this series.  However, I feel that he is becoming too much a part of the EDD team and is losing some of what made him so lovable in the first place, his walking the line between legal and illegal and being just this side of legal.  I wish that he would go back to some of those things, or be less accessible to Eve because of work.  In some ways, I think that she is starting to take him and his abilities for granted.  Just my two cents on her dependency of him.  I really like them as a couple and think that they are excellent complements for each other. 

I would recommend this book to other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment