Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: The Fifth Kingdom


The Fifth Kingdom
The Fifth Kingdom by Caridad Piñeiro

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I obtained a copy of this book from NetGalley. The premise of the story caught my eye and intrigued me. I greatly enjoy reading about other cultures, especially their history so I was looking forward to reading The Fifth Kingdom. I was not disappointed.

The characters were enjoyable and well written. I enjoyed traveling through Mexico with Bill Santana, a CIA agent, and Dr. Deanna Vasquez as they searched for Deanna's long, en-strangled mother, Miranda, and the location of Montezuma's lost tomb, which Miranda claims to have located before disappearing.

The chemistry between Bill and Deanna was fun to watch. Their romance was a interesting foil to the mystery of finding her Miranda and the possibility of finding Montezuma's tomb. Ms. Pineiro did a great job of blending Mexican history and the search of Montezuma's lost tomb into this suspense.

FTC Notice: I received an electronic copy of this book via NetGalley.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment