Saturday, April 10, 2010

Review - The Poacher's Son

The Poacher's Son (Mike Bowditch Mysteries) The Poacher's Son by Paul Doiron


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The Poacher's Son  I read an Advance Copy of this book through the Barnes & Noble First Look Club.  This is the first book that we read that was a mystery. 

The Poacher's Son is a debut novel by Paul Doiron.  I really enjoyed reading it.  The Poacher's Son kept my attention and I found that I couldn't put it down. 

The Poacher's Son is set in the Maine wilderness.  Mike Bowditch is the main character and is a Maine Game Warden.  Mike loves the wilderness, the only positive thing that he got from his father when he was growing up.  When his father is accused of murder, Mike must learn for himself what is truth and what is a lie.

Mr. Doiron did a wonderful job describing the Maine wilderness and the characters in this book.  I could see everything very clearly when I was was reading The Poacher's Son.  Mr Doiron is apparently making a series based on Mike's character.  I can't wait to see more from this author.

FTC Notice: I received an Advance Reading Copy of this book through the Barnes & Noble First Look Club.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment