Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: The Silver Chain


The Silver Chain
The Silver Chain by Primula Bond

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a good book and I enjoyed reading it. The characters were well written and the story line is interesting. For fans of Fifty Shade of Grey, this is a good read. It is less graphic than Fifty Shades, but in some ways, I found it more intense.

The author provides the reader with more of the characters back story, instead of dragging it out the way Fifty Shades does. There are still parts of the past that haven't been filled in yet, but what is there provides the reader with a better understanding of the characters and what drives each of them.

Serena is stronger than Anastasia in Fifty Shades and I found her to be a better foil to Gustav. I think that it took Ana longer to reach the point that Serena is at. She is still young, but she is more mature than Ana and deals better with what Gustav expects of her. Gustav, for what is revealed of his past, is definitely a stronger male lead, than Christian. That might have something to do with the fact that his issues developed when he was older whereas Christian's issues stem from his childhood. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed reading the Fifty Shades series and I came to like Christian and Ana more as their story developed.

Maybe that is part of why I liked this first book in the series. The characters were more mature about how they handled their issues. While there is a sexual relationship between the two main characters, Gustav is not drawn to hurt Serena the way that Christian was in Fifty Shades of Grey. Gustav has a better handle on his issues and deals with them then Christian has when you first meet him. At least in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to reading the next installment of Serena and Gustav's story.

FTC Notice: I received an electronic copy of this book through NetGalley for review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment