Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: Marcie


Marcie
Marcie by Carly M. Duncan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Marcie is an interesting novel looking at family dynamics in a dysfunctional family and how one family member tries to deal with the loss of her mother.

Marcie and her mother were never close, but when her mother dies, Marcie has a hard time accepting that her death was an accident. She spends her adult life, first, trying not to make the same mistakes that her mother did with her own children and second, looking for answers to what really happened to her mother on that last day.

I had a hard time putting this book down. As I said in the first paragraph, this was an interesting novel. I can't say that I always liked the characters and felt that they could have been nicer or more honest with each other, but that is what life is about, isn't it? How people treat each other. It is not always nice or fair.

I'm interested in reading other works by this author.

FTC Notice: I received a copy of this book from the author via the Virtual Book Tour.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment