Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Turtle Bay

I saw this book and since I loved visiting Hawaii and want to go back at some point, I had to read this book.  I'm glad that I did.

Turtle Bay by Helga Stipa Madland was a fun read.  The characters were enjoyable and kept me entertained.  I loved the twins who obviously enjoyed trying to be detectives and "helping" their dad solve the case.

Detective James Kahamala has two cases to solve.  The first involves the theft of a painting and the second involves the disappearance of an English professor who is attending a conference at Turtle Bay resort.  While he investigates that theft of the painting, his precocious twin daughters, Maya and Myra, as well as their honorary aunt, Beatrice, and the family dachshund, Questor, accompany him to the resort and although told not to, also investigate the lost painting.  As Detective Kahamala investigates the art theft, an English professor from his alma mater, who is attending a departmental conference at the resort, goes missing on the last night of the conference.

Ms. Madland did a wonderful job of writing a fun mystery that kept me intrigued throughout the story.  I enjoyed reading about Hawaii and Washington state.  I'll be looking for more form this author in the future.

FTC Notice:  I received a copy of this book from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment