Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review: Heroes & Lovers


Heroes and LoversHeroes and Lovers by Wayne Zurl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heroes and Lovers is the second Sam Jenkins book that I have read.  I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed reading my first Sam Jenkins novel, A Leprechaun's Lament.

What starts out as a simple investigation of a crooked repair shop by Police Chief Sam Jenkins, of Prospect, TN, turns into the kidnapping of Sam's favorite news reporter and eventually leads to a drug bust in Prospect.  Life is never simple for Sam and his friends.

Sam took this case very personally since the victims were his friends and in one case, while not his friend, someone that Sam could understand where his head was.  This is very different from how he investigated other crimes in Prospect and prior to that, New York.

I really enjoyed reading this book.  It was a good mystery that kept my attention from start to finish.  I wasn't expecting it to end the way that it did.  Always a good sign!  I loved all of the old detective references that Sam was making.  I was happy to return to Prospect to visit with everyone.


FTC Notice:  I received a copy of this book from the author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment