Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Review - Suite Française

Suite Française Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I found this book to be very interesting and sad.  I was drawn into the lives of the characters and the events that were occurring.  It is hard to believe that this is a work of fiction because Ms. Némirovsky did such a wonderful job of describing the events that were taking place around her.

What really got to me though was Ms. Némirovsky's story, which was at the end of the book.  I found this to be even more interesting and compelling than the story that she wrote.  I don't think that people can truly appreciate the story that she wrote and the circumstances that she was writing in unless they lived through that period of time.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment