Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eternal on the Water

Eternal on the Water Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I read the description for this book on the Barnes & Noble site as part of their First Look program, I thought that it sounded interesting and couldn’t wait to read it. I wasn’t disappointed. This was a very quick read for me because I couldn’t put it down. I got caught up in the story between the two main characters, Cobb and Mary, and in the scenery that Mr. Monninger describes in the book. I felt as if I was with them on their journey as a silent participant in all that they did.

This is a love story between two people who fall in love at first sight. Not everyone who read the book for the Barnes & Noble First Look group found this to be believable. I read this story and found it to be a beautifully written piece that shows us the possibility of what love has to offer us.

The story begins with Mary’s death and Cobb telling about their life together and how her death came about. I laughed with them on their adventures in Maine. I found myself swimming with them in Indonesia. I cried as I read about Mary’s illness getting worse and how she dies at the end.

FTC Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reading Copy of this book as part of the Barnes & Noble First Look program.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment