Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Traveling for Love: Searching for Self, Hoping for Love


Traveling for Love: Searching for Self, Hoping for Love
Traveling for Love: Searching for Self, Hoping for Love by Becky Due

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



"Traveling for Love: Searching for Self, Hoping for Love" is the story of Amanda and how she goes about trying to find out who she is and what she wants out of life when her marriage falls apart.

I have to say that I had mixed feelings about this book as I was reading it. When the story begins, you meet Amanda reflecting on the break up of her marriage. Her husband doesn't want to be married any more and she is realizing that she has buried herself while doing everything that her husband wanted to do. She no longer knows what she wants for herself. Since she sacrificed herself and her education early on to support him, she doesn't have a lot that she can do to support herself now that she is alone. Amanda slowly works her way up in the world as she finds out what she wants.

One thing that bothered me was that she seemed to latch on to the first man to pay attention to her. She would find things that attracted her to him, but after a while would need to leave the relationship. I know that she was trying to find what she wanted and needed after being married for so long, it just bothered me that she seemed needy in this way. But that is part of finding who you are when you leave a long term relationship, isn't it?

In the end, Amanda has found a place for herself at a job that she enjoys and is good at. She also finds a successful man who is attracted to her for all of the right reasons and whom she is attracted to for the right reasons as well.

This was definitely an interesting journey to read.



FTC Notice: I received a copy of this book from the author through Pump Up Your Book Tours for review. I am not being compensated for this review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment