Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review - Homefires

Homefires
Homefires by Emily Sue Harvey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Homefires is a story set in the Deep South centering around a couple, Janeece and Kirk Crenshaw, who have been together since high school.  It follows them as they grow as a couple, have children and deal with marital difficulties.  You see how Kirk's pastoral duties affect their lives and way of handling the world around them.

I enjoyed Ms. Harvey's descriptions of the characters and their surroundings as you followed their journey.  This was a good book and something that is outside my normal type of reading material.  I'm glad that I had the chance to read it.

I obtained a copy of this book from the author to review as part of her Virtual Book Tour.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment