Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review - Treachery in Death

Treachery in Death (In Death, #32)
Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This volume of the In Death series was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it. While the plot wasn't very complicated, this book had a good pace and showed some interesting interaction between the characters.

I thought that Ms. Robb did a good job of building the characters. Peabody is definitely coming into her own as a detective and becoming more confident in her skills. Mira is shown to be capable of making mistakes in judgment, although in this book, several individuals in authority made the same mistake.

She also has me wondering if she has an end in mind for this series, though not any time soon I hope! It seemed to me that Dallas was showing more skill at handling the politics of command in this book. She knew when politics was needed and seemed to be playing the game better than she has in the past. I also noticed that Whitney seems to be asking her more frequently if she has ever though about sitting in his chair in the future.

I had a good time reading this book and can't wait for New York to Dallas to come out later this year.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment