Friday, April 20, 2012

Review: Aftertaste: A Novel in Five Courses


Aftertaste: A Novel in Five Courses
Aftertaste: A Novel in Five Courses by Meredith Mileti

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I read this book when my local book group picked it. I was not sure about this book when I first started to read it.

It starts out addressing the breakup of Mira's marriage and her subsequent move to Pittsburgh. While this first part was a little hard to get through, the book did pick up and I had a hard time putting it down.

I enjoyed watching Mira's character grow. While she wanted so badly to return to New York, you could see that she was setting down roots in Pittsburgh and making it her home. Even when given the opportunity to return, she eventually decides that what she needs is right where she is now.

This ended up being an interesting read. It was not something that I would normally read, but something that I enjoyed in the end.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment