Friday, December 3, 2010

Review - Anderson Cooper: Dispatches From the Edge

I wondered how I would feel about this book since I typically don't enjoy listening to CNN anchors whenever my husband turns on CNN. I found myself having a hard time putting this book down.

While I hadn't forgotten the events that Mr. Cooper writes about, I had not thought about them in quite this context.   It's one thing to see these events reported on television.  A viewer gets an idea of what is happening, and may even have a personal connection to the event, but if the viewer is not actually there, the seriousness of the situation truly does not really sink in.  Reading Mr. Cooper's first-hand experiences during these events, as well as the information about his past, made for a very interesting story.

I think that I am going to have to give Anderson Cooper a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment