Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Review - Treason

Let me start by prefacing this review with two things.  First, I have been involved with the law since before I graduated from college.  I have several family members, including my husband who are lawyers and while I was working, my job was in the legal area.  I worked for a law library and then, until last year, I worked for a large law firm.  
Second, I am a strong supporter of our military.  What our service men and women do is incredible and I admire their dedication, service and sacrifice.  They put themselves on the front line so that we might live our lives safe from tyranny and, in most cases, violence.  

With that said, I couldn't wait to see if I would like Don Brown's Treason, from his Navy Justice series, or not.  I have to say that I did enjoy reading this book and had a hard time putting it down.  

I thought that the characters were well thought out and developed throughout the story.  I also liked how he kept some things until the very end of the story, such as Diane's praying for Zack.  For some reason, I never thought of her doing that since there wasn't any mention of religion when it came to Diane's character.  I don't think that I should have been surprised though.

The only negative thing that I have is that I really don't like how Mr. Brown has given terrorists ideas, not that they really need them, but ideas on how to attack our country.  I feel the same way about the media reporting to the world how attacks are carried out and how one attack/plot has failed or what the government is doing to prevent future attacks.  Yes, I can see the benefit of saying "We are ready for you." but I also feel that we, as a country, don't need to publicize our weaknesses or what our defenses are to those who would seek to destroy us.

I look forward to reading more from this series and author.  I would recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment