Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review: New York to Dallas


New York to Dallas
New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I always enjoy getting background information on Eve and Roarke. This book definitely provided the reader with more information about Eve's early years on the NYPSD. It was nice to finally see how she and Feeney hooked up originally.

I missed the interaction between Eve and Peabody, and the NY cast as a whole since this book was primarily set in Dallas. I found it a little hard to believe that the Dallas PD, and the FBI for that matter, would let her take over running the case even though she knew so much about the killer. This is fiction though so I can see how it could happen.

Looking at this book, if I took out the Dallas LT, I could almost see Eve in command of the Dallas squad that she worked with on this case. There was a similar feel to the interaction of the squad as there is in Eve's squad in New York. Some might disagree with me on this, but it's just a thought.

It will be interesting to see where the series goes from here. While there are still gaps in Eve's background and Roarke's background is similar to the Black Hole of Calcutta since he did such a good job at erasing his past, there isn't that much left for these characters to accomplish. While the cases are different, the method through each is pretty much the same. Eve, backed by Roarke, Peabody, Feeney and McNabb, lands a case that she puts everything into as she tries to solve it. In the process, she will work until she is exhausted and she and Roarke will end up having at least one fight. In the end, the case will be solved and they will have made up earlier.

Overall, this was a good book and I enjoyed reading it.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I don’t even know the way I finished up right here, however I assumed this publish was great. I do not realize who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Keira! However you got here.

    ReplyDelete